After going through a trauma, I am finally back after two months! I couldn’t find the courage or the strength to get back at it, but I can happily say I am motivated! As always, I am here to be transparent and offer personal examples because this topic today….has been my life all summer! I got the topic idea from a friend (thanks Celina) and I have absolutely no points planned, but I am going to type away and hope I encourage someone. So, let us begin!
Just a few weeks ago I was sitting around with my best friends (hey Alyssa, Ariana, & Celina :)) and we were just talking about our lives, what we were going through, and what our upcoming plans were. So Celina, was explaining her current situation, and came to the conclusion that she was going through seasonal confusion. I was like wow that’s brilliant! So today, I am going to describe different areas of seasonal confusion, why it’s challenging, why it’s important, and my tips for coping!
Celina defined her seasonal confusion as: The same time every year where every thing seems to be going wrong!
All of us in the room sat there and thought about it like, wow that’s a thing. As a student, there are two guaranteed times when I have seasonal confusion. These times are before midterms and before finals! It’s like everything seems to want to happen at once. While many of you can probably relate, I am sure there are some of you who don’t have these moments repeatedly in the same time of the year, and for you I have a secondary definition: Moments in your life when you have no idea why these things are happening and how you are going to make it through. And I know that everyone can attest to that because we all go through many trials and tribulations throughout our lifetime.
My Personal Season of Confusion
As I mentioned earlier, I went through a trauma this summer and that caused me to go through and still currently be in a season of confusion. As always, I will be transparent and share my story in hopes of helping someone else and also just healing for myself. In June (literally a day after writing about coping with death), I got the news that I had lost my dad unexpectedly. My dad was my Bestfriend, my support, an essential player to my team, and the first man I ever loved. He has been everything I ever needed as a dad and I think of him daily! So my season of confusion deals with grieving, coping, and just trying to adjust to my new life. So it’s hard, challenging, nerve-wrecking, scary, intimidating, aggravating, and depressing all wrapped in one! But I am determined to continue to push through and overcome this tough season just as he would want me to! So now that I have defined it, and offered a personal example, I will talk about why it is challenging, important, and how to manage!
- Blinded: Part of the challenging issue of seasonal confusion is the fact that most of the time you don’t see it coming and it hits you out of nowhere! If you knew it was coming, you might try to prepare for it, but some things you can never be prepared for. And that’s the thing about life, you never know what’s ahead of you.
- Good to Bad: At least for me, it seems like seasonal confusion always hits when things are actually going good! And that can be so frustrating when you finally feel like you have things together and now you have to go through something else. It’s like getting that thunderstorm on a sunny day.
- Loss of Faith: If you are religious, going through a season of confusion can really test your faith and relationship with God (or whomever you believe in). I know that I struggled with my situation and was often upset with God and didn’t want to do my usual pattern of things such as praying, reading the Bible, or going to church. But I got myself out of that because I know that only He can heal me. These trials and tribulations force you to remain faithful.
- Mental Health Decline: Going through a season of confusion can cause a decline in your mental health and produce affects like depression and anxiety. Yes, it can happen to you! So PLEASE make sure to get professional help if needed! I work in this field for a living & study it as a grad student, I am VERY serious about this!
It is very cliche but the importance of going through your season of confusion is to grow you and make you stronger. It is to help you learn about yourself and also to learn from your mistakes so you don’t repeat them. The importance is also to get you to your next level in life. You can’t have the rainbow without the rain! So make sure you GROW through what you GO through.
As I come to an end, I want to thank you all for allowing me the space to be open and transparent, especially regarding personal struggles! I will close with some things that I do to manage my seasons of confusion! I hope that you have enjoyed this read!
- Spending time with loved ones
- Staying busy/Practicing a hobby
- Finding new things that I enjoy
- Staying active & Exercising
- Asking for help when I am down/struggling
In my season of confusion, I am grateful for all those who have been my support system! Thanks for reading, I hope this helped somebody! *all images from Google* See ya soon!